Hello Paul

I like Moneyworks from Cognito Software in New Zealand.

<http://cognito.co.nz/>

It is automatically geared up for Australian, NZ  and Canadian GST etc.

However it is more a book keeping application than a full accounting package. MYOB was way too sophisticated for my needs where Moneyworks is much more user friendly.

It's available for Mac and PC and they will send a free package to your accountant if you buy it. Files can be exported and read on both platforms in several ways. It is also compatible with MYOB and other applications and my accountant likes it because it can create some fairly useful reports.

There's a free demo that can be converted to fully working version if you buy one of the packaged options.

When I purchased it, I looked at other apps, some of which were cheaper or even free, but I found that this program was written specifically for Australian small businesses.

Regards

Greg Manzie
Director

Glyde Gallery Conservation
Conservators, Consultants and Picture Framers
for Museums, Art Galleries and Collectors

5 Glyde Street
Mosman Park
Western Australia 6012

ABN     89 154 124 265