On 23/06/2008, at 3:47 PM, Clive Slater wrote:

Hi Group

G4 OSX 10.4.11

Last week Mail 2.1.3 crashed and all previously received and sent emails do not exist any more only this message

"The message from Kristie Walker <email address> concerning "FW Comments from cargo force web site" has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it"

I am presuming that they are gone for good. Not Good!!
Is there any way to get them back.

TIA

Regards

Clive

Clive,
your mail may still be on your hard drive and only the index gone .

Check under USER - Library - Mail for Pop mail ( I assume you are using Pop mail )
and see how big the folders are .

If you have size the mail is still there .

In your Mail drop dpwn menus under " mailbox " look for and action " rebuild "

It may take a few minutes

Bob