Ruben, you might want to consider grabbing a Logitech Harmony remote for
about $150 if it supports the Elgato device. A quick Google search found an
USA Applestore reader review which says it does.

I've been using a Harmony remote for 2 years now. The few minor faults they
have are outweighed their convenience (now only have one remote as opposed
to 7) and ease-of-configuring.

Logitech have an extensive database of devices, their remotes can also do IR
to IR learning also (if someone lent you a remote for the exercise).

Cheers,
Toby.