On 06/07/2008, at 9:51 AM, James / Hans Kunz wrote:

ebay has a rating system, do a search for the sellers name & see if others gave him a good rating, my experiences where quite good, i bought software & hardware though ebay (in both cases traceable reputable sellers)
cheers James

Yes ... but some of the scammers are able to manufacturer good records ...... It's one thing to put at risk one or two or three hundred dollars ... but for two
or three thousand dollars I would want to do a cash on pickup .

Even then you are at risk of buying a   " hot "   item !  ( Stolen )

Beware

Bob