I bought a new game - it was brand new, perfect and shiny clean in its proper shrink-wrapped box.

A few days later I noticed a very small, 2 or 3 mm crack from the centre. Today, I played the game for a while, took a break, and when I tried to start again, it wouldn't go past the initialisation stage. When I looked at the disk, there were 2 big cracks from the centre, one right into the data area.

This disk has only been handled by responsible adults, no kids around. It has not been abused in any way.

Does this sort of thing happen often?

Pat