Hi folks,

Any bright ideas on this one would be most welcome!

G4 Powerbook - appears to be a bit of a lemon though gave good years of service - has finally lost any usable screen image having staggered on for around 6 months being jolted and wiggled back into life...

However my problem is that I simply have to have a machine which will run Classic in order to access old files at the office, so can't ditch it yet. So this one plugs into a monitor and works nicely.

Or would do except that the second screen is set up so that it is not mirroring. I can get the Dock to show up but no menu bar, and EVERY window which opens up opens on the laptop screen (and is therefore invisible) so I can't actually drag any windows over into a visible area! catch-22. Have tried to blindly hook the menu bars of open windows but have been completely frustrated.

Does anyone have any clever suggestions? Remembering that the Unix terminal window would also appear in the wrong place - is there a way of intercepting the OS to go straight into the terminal mode and then change monitor position that way? Thanks for any ideas.

dd