Hi there

On 23/07/2008, at 5:01 AM, WAMUG Mailing List wrote:

My understanding is that if I take my iPhone down to my favourite
cafe, which has a free wireless hotspot (that I use often with my
laptop), I can connect and browse etc. for free.

I am reading in today's Australian that this is not the case.
Can anyone clarify this for me

I haven't seen the article in the paper, but the Telstra salesperson said to me that all traffic was chargeable, even wifi traffic. I rang a networking guru who said that he believed this was highly unlikely.

I have my iPhone connected to my wifi connection, and have downloaded heaps of stuff, which doesn't count toward the NextG data as far as I can see.

Regards,
Paul.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
--
Paul W. Mulroney Logical Developments
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         86 Coolgardie Street