Hi Neil,

If you open AppleScript Utility and check 'Show Script Menu in Menu Bar', you will see the Script Menu provides 16 premade categories, which incorporate over 100 scripts.

In the Address Book Scripts folder you will see 'Import Addresses', which is designed to move your names and addresses into Address Book from Entourage, Outlook Express, Palm Desktop, Eudora, Claris Emailer, or Netscape. Having a look at the script: It will tell application 'Microsoft Entourage' to set vCardData etc to enable import into Address Book.
"This script is used in conjunction with the Import Addresses script. It
implements address importing from Microsoft Entourage through the
importToAddressBook handler."

Address Book can import files in vCard format, the less common LDIF format or tab-separated database files.

If you want to learn more about AppleScript, you can download 'AppleScript Language Guide 2008' from here: <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/AppleScript/Conceptual/AppleScriptLangGuide/AppleScriptLanguageGuide.pdf >