Historically I've maintained my contacts in Outlook due to employers always
operating on a Windows platform, and employer-supplied telephony being a
Blackberry, which synchronised with Outlook, so all was rosy.

Having left the world of employment, and with my contacts currently sitting
on my MacBook Pro in .pst format (ie. an MS Outlook file), is there a
solution other than, say, buying a Windows emulator and installing a copy of
MS Outlook on my Mac? I prefer not to have to go to that expense just to
solve my Contacts problem.

I'm guessing that running Windows via Boot Camp would be too inconvenient,
ie. I'd have to reboot my Mac whenever I wanted to update a contact, which
is frequently. But tell me if I'm wrong on that.

I haven't yet bought an iPhone - holding off as long as I can until I can
get confirmation that an unlocked version will work in the UAE with one of
the local Dubai carriers. And if I do get an iPhone, will the iPhone sync
with MS Outlook running on my Mac?

Would be grateful for any solutions. I do like Outlook for managing contacts
- maybe just what I'm used to. What would you guys do?

Cheers, Steven