Not sure about 3 call plans. I only use their mobile broadband these days.

It is worth pointing out that Virgin Mobile are owned by Optus, and
use the Optus network. This is the subject of the Gizmodo article.
Recently 3 have also announced a way of using an unlocked iPhone on
their 3 network.  But that is quite different to the Virgin/Optus
offer.

Glenn.

2008/8/1 Rod Blitvich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Thanks Glen.
> When you are outside the metro area are voice calls still the same price?
> Rod
>

> on 1/08/08 10:38 AM, Glenn Nicholas at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> The 3 network is basically the metro areas of capital cities.
>>
>> http://www.three.com.au/cs/ContentServer?subId=1156241342637&homeId=1202087484
>> 406&c=Page&pagename=Three%2FPage%2FBusinessVideoCallingTemplate&p=115588658097
>> 7&cid=1155886581642&Nav=2
>>
>> Glenn.
>>
>> 2008/8/1 Rod Blitvich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>> " It's worth remembering that even though 3 has a really good deal when it
>>> comes to mobile data and pricing on their 3G network, as soon as you step
>>> away from that, you start roaming on Telstra's 2G network, and data starts
>>> costing $1.65 per MB."
>>>
>>> What does this mean?
>>> Data at $1.65 per MB - is there a danger here or do you just not do any
>>> browsing/downloading when you are out of three's network? How do you know
>>> you are out of their network?
>>> Are phone calls still the same price?
>>>
>>> Ta
>>> Blitto

>>> --
>>>
>>> Rod Blitvich  - Amy & Sam¹s Dad
>>> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>>>  0409 681 256
>>>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>  http://web.mac.com/blitto
>>>
>>> Black holes suck.

>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> --
>

> Rod Blitvich  - Amy & Sam¹s Dad
>  0409 681 256
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  http://web.mac.com/blitto
>
> A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Glenn Nicholas

OM4.com.au | OM4Tourism.com | OM4Business.com