Yep, its a bug for me too.

Did you insert the page footer under the "Autotext"? If so, you can try deleting the "total page number" text field and add it back in via the "header&footer" toolbar. It should work now.

On 05/08/2008, at 5:01 AM, WAMUG Mailing List wrote:

Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:38:33 +0800
Subject: MS Word page numbers - change when saving as pdf ??
From: Steven Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Anyone know what might be causing this? I'm using Word 2004 with Leopard 10.5.4. If I include page numbering on a Word document in the form 'Page X
of Y', despite working okay within the Word document, it doesn't flow
through properly to the pdf.

For instance, I have a 3-page Word document now displaying Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3, and Page 3 of 3 on the respective pages. Save to pdf, and the page numbering of the pdf changes to Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2, and Page 3 of 3.

Any clues?

I'm finding Leopard pretty buggy so far!

Cheers, Steven