On 05/08/2008, at 7:51 PM, Aurora74 wrote:

Hi,

I need to upgrade from my incredibly stable 10.3.9 to a later version due to
my ipod mini finally kicking the bucket.

It is loaded on a iBook G4 133MHz with Max Ram - PowerPC Chip.

It has fairly standard software with the only specials being Entourage and
the MS Suite - that is the only serious backup requirement.

What would people suggest I upgrade to and how to backup my current machine?
Do I need to do a clean install or is a direct upgrade possible?

Smiles
Aurora

Aurora,

The size of your hard drive and the spare space on it will determine which options
you may have for the upgrade .

The easiest who be an archive and instal ,
BUT
that requires significant space on the Hard drive      initially .

You would end up with maybe 5 GB less spare after final tidy up.

Bob