To add to David's comment, I was staying in a house in Dubai recently, and
that hose was indeed a standard UK 3-pin house.

However I bought a Time Capsule in Dubai last week, and it came fitted with
the US 2-pin type, as in the one pictured here...

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/52361009/European_standard_power_cords_with_two
_pin_plug.jpg

Maybe UK 3-pin is standard, but there is no requirement for goods imported
to comply, so no-one bothers changing the plugs? Who knows.

Cheers, Steven