Hi Steven and WAMUG folks.

This bug has been around a long time, and doesn't seem to disappear with the various Office updates. It was around long before Leopard was released too :-).

From my previous tests, I found that it occurs the FIRST time you print a document, whether you print it to a PDF, or to a physical printer. On the SECOND print (to PDF or to printer), the page numbers come out correctly for me.

So, I usually PDF page-numbered documents first, + check them over. If there were any other minor problems (typos etc.), I fix them and re- PDF it. If that PDF came out OK (inc. the correct page numbering), then it's safe to print it.

But the first time you print a page-numbered doc from Word 2004, you'll most likely get "Page 1 of 1", "Page 2 of 2" type numbering if it's a multi-page doc.

I haven't tried this in Word 2008, to see if it's been fixed, but it's on my to-do list before we roll it out.

Cheers,
Derek

From: Steven Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Anyone know what might be causing this? I'm using Word 2004 with Leopard 10.5.4. If I include page numbering on a Word document in the form 'Page X
of Y', despite working okay within the Word document, it doesn't flow
through properly to the pdf.

For instance, I have a 3-page Word document now displaying Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3, and Page 3 of 3 on the respective pages. Save to pdf, and the page numbering of the pdf changes to Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2, and Page 3 of 3.

Any clues?

I'm finding Leopard pretty buggy so far!

Cheers, Steven