Bob, Erin, Eugene - thanks for the tips. But none of them seem to do the
trick.

I understand how I can use a repeat option with regards to a Calendar event.
That's no problem.

However, I'm referring to the "To Do Items" which appear in a vertical pane
to the right of my calendar. Immediately below the Spotlight search field.
If I click on one of those items and Get Info, a box comes up with options
to change due date etc, but there is no repeat option. If I add a new 'To
Do' option, same deal - no repeat option.

How do you go about a creating a repetitive "To Do Item"? Example, let's say
I want to check the letter box every day, and I want to remind myself to do
that. I don't want it in my Calendar, because I don't want to have to do it
at the same time each day - I just want it in my To Do list. But I don't
want to have to add the entry every day. I just want to have a To Do item
which pops up each day. (BTW, just an example - I don't really want to do
that!). Same as the Task function in Entourage allows you to do.

Cheers, Steven