Thanks for the advice re backing up. I'll give it a try.
What is "zapping the PRAM"?

Andrew

On 16/08/2008, at 5:06 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Can't help you with the screen problem but I would have tried zapping
the PRAM. This cannot do any damage that I know of, and who knows
maybe cure that problem.

Re backing up all her files, I'd strongly recommend Superduper. I
have used this to make a couple of my external hard drives bootable
complete with all my applications and data. I've used it for copying
2 laptops and my G5 on to a partitioned external drive, each
partition allocated to an individual machine. Which means that I can
boot the laptops or the G5 using that external drive. This allows me
to access all my files too.

Hope this can be of help to you.

Kind regards,

Philippe Chaperon