Hi Steven,

If they have a Cisco VPN setup you will need to use the Cisco client. There
are standards for VPNS but many vendors have proprietary clients.
I use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for Mac to connect to a clients
network. I think you need to register for a Cisco ID to download it but
check it out here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps8411/tsd_products_support_series_home.
html

Regards,