Oh, I tried using MacOS built in VPN client. After putting in what I think are correct settings (namely server address, account name, and user authentication password), I click the Connect button, and simply nothing happens. No connection, no error message, nothing. It's as if the Connect button is non functional. I don't know whether I need to enter anything into the Machine Authentication fields, but if I do I don't know what they are.

Cheers, Steven