Hi Kev,

When in iTunes > Preferences > Advanced - Burning, you need to have 'Use Sound Check' ticked so that all tracks will play at the same volume level. If this isn't ticked and is greyed out (as you have already selected MP3 CD), just select Audio CD then tick 'Use Sound Check' and then re- select MP3 CD, click OK.

Otherwise you can have different volume levels which can be annoying.

In answer to your previous query:

The tracks are numbered 1-70. Even so when I select all on the playlist, and drag it into Toast the tracks get out of order

This happens because a MP3 disc is actually an ISO 9660 data disc so it has to follow the ISO 9660 file system that puts everything in alphanumeric order. In Toast you would need to rearrange the files by inserting index numbers at the beginning of each file name so that the order corresponds to the Playlist. Use at least two digits, including leading zeroes, so that the songs will play in the desired order in players that play MP3 CDs.

I haven't burnt a MP3 disc using Toast, I burn my MP3 discs straight from iTunes.