Thanks Bob. Yes I have resolved the problem. It was very simple once I stumbled on it.

David

On 17/09/2008, at 5:27 PM, Robert Howells wrote:

On 17/09/2008, at 10:01 AM, David Nicholas wrote:

When I booted up this morning and clicked on Mail, I got a message about an update. Foolishly, I chose the update. The result was that the update clobbered my mail choice of iinet and substituted a mobileme connection which didn't allow me to access my previous mail.

I don't know if this is connected with my update last week from Tiger to Leopard.

After initial panic, I rang the iinet help line and got excellent help. I've reconnected to iinet and deleted mobileme. However, I haven't been able to display my local mailboxes. They are on the machine all right - I can find them and their messages via mail/ library/mailboxes but they don't display as before in my left hand menu. Even worse is that when I go through the mail/library/ mailboxes route, the message names are numerics, and don't display the headers.

There is probably a simple box to tick somewhere in Mail Preferences, but I can't find it.

Can anybody suggest where to look.

David Nicholas

Did you resolve this problem

Bob