On 21/09/2008 7:57 PM, Jo Brookes wrote:
 I have just bought a new wireless Belkin modem router.
 I plugged it in so I can see if I can connect thru airport, but when I
 go the the system prefs and click on Network,
 I get a drop down message saying"your network settings have been changed
 by another application"
 I unplugged the new router, plugged back in the old one (via ethernet)
 restarted the mac (G5 power PC)
 but I am still getting the same message.
 The trouble is, when I click ok the dialogue box immediately returns,
 now matter how many times I click ok.
 I cant close the network window iether.

 Does anyone know what is happening here?

 Jo

There have been reports of this message occurring after installing the latest Security Update from Apple.

<http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/security/index.html#d20sep2008>

No idea how to fix it unfortunately.

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love