Hi Rod,

I would have to highly recommend Digital Design Photoshop by Natcoll Publishing for $34.95

This is not a book but a fantastic DVD that you learn by following the presenter. It takes you through the very basics through to medium level skills. I use it with great success in my yr 9 & 10 classes.

Even though I'm an experienced photoshop user I actually learnt some nifty tricks from it.

                      Regards,
                      Eugene