Another option is SmartSleep which is a system preference pane rather than a Dashboard widget:

http://www.jinx.de/SmartSleep.html

I actually often turn off Deep Sleep most of the time as I get frustrated waiting 10-20 seconds for the Mac to write the Sleep image every time the Mac goes to sleep. If you grab the Mac and sling it into your laptop carry bag while it is writing the sleep image, it can cause head crashes. It also means you can't instantly wake the Mac back up again if your Mac goes to sleep accidentally. :-)

-Mart