Hi Wamuggers

The wee Australian flag on the top bar next to the Date and tie keeps
reverting back to the US flag without me telling it to.  Whilst this
doesn't affect the function of the machine, I'd rather it didn't make
political statements on my behalf and was wondering if there's a way
to stop it doing this or else get rid of the flag altogether
(hopefully this isn't an offence under the terrorism act).

Also is there a way to tell the machine that we live in a place that
uses PAL and to open video applications with default PAL settings
rather than NTSC? (realising that we'll probably have to get into
terminal command line territory)?

thanks in advance

john