Hi Mike,

I saw this repeating message on a neighbours machine. I had pointed out his
wireless network was unsecured (I could see it & connect from next door) and
he had tried to secure it - unfortunately he had tried to set up security on
the mac's network prefs whereas the wireless router was a non-apple router
which needed setting up via a browser.

By the time I got the help call, the message was repeating anytime you tried
to get into network preferences - requiring the Force-quit.

He couldn't remember exactly what he had done when the problem started, but
after trying a number of things I eventually cured it by deleting a bunch of
network preference files (I don't remember exactly what they were).

After deleting the prefs and rebooting everything was OK.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Neil
--