Hi

My new MBP (late 2008) MacOS 10.5.5 and my Apple 20in cinema display do not like each other at times - the display will not wake up from sleep frequently or will only give brief flashes of a disjointed screen. This is fixed by disconnecting then reconnecting the display.

It would seem that this is a common issue for many using the new MBPs and external displays (see http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1774560&tstart=0 ) and does seem to be independent of the screen being used and the minidvi to dvi adaptor.

One suggestion to resolve this when the screen has failed to wake is to set up in expose an active display corner so this can be an easier way to awaken the screen from sleep which did not work for me unfortunately.

Does any one have any suggestions to fix this temporarily until Apple releases a patch, apart from the obvious one of resetting the sleep preferences in energy preferences so that the screen never sleeps?

Thanks
Dave