Hi - I am sure this is simple to fix, for those who know how!

I have always had iphoto appear in my dock until 2-3 days ago. For some reason it no longer shows.

I went into finder and clicked "make alias" (assuming I could then drag or drop or similar an "alias" (copy) into the dock.

Question 1 - how do I now get rid of the alias which I have just created, from the Finder?

Question 2 - how do I put iphoto back into my dock, which is where I want it to be?

Question 3- what does alias actually mean/do in  Apple jargon?

Many thanks.

Peta