I open the PPS file with Keynote and print it to PDF, the ones I have done always come out perfect for me.

Regards,

Adrian

adrianske...@me.com
http://www.skehan.id.au/

On 21/12/2008, at 6:06 PM, Diana & Graham Stevens wrote:

The RSL Bowls Carnival is in WA this year and the program booklet has been produced in Microsoft Publisher

The printer, who has had the files since October, announced on Friday that they can not print from Microsoft Publisher and require a PDF.

The guy who produced the booklet attempted to export it to a PDF but it comes out all scrambled. He is in his 80s, the carnival starts on the 28th, there are only 3 days to get it done and he is at his wits end. We got a copy from him in the hope we could import it into In Design, but no go.

Does anyone know if there is a plug-in which will allow In Design to open it?

We can open the file on our PC because MS Office includes Publisher. We could save it as Unicode Text Files (doesn't sound hopeful) or Postscript, but this option requires a PS Printer to be installed. We have been Mac people since our first Fat Mac and the Dark Side is a mystery!

Can anyone make any suggestions about how we should proceed.

Seasons Greetings to all.

Diana