I don't think the iPhone can bluetooth to a laptop. As far as I know it only bluetooths to head/speaker phones.

Chris Griffiths

On 08/01/2009, at 10:20 AM, Severin Crisp wrote:

Can any one offer a comment on this please, I am completely ignorant on anything to do with mobile phones, iPhone or other!
Severin Crisp
Pop, are you able to throw a query out to the WAMUG for me please?

I am considering an iPhone and whilst I am confident it can do all of the fancy things – app downloads etc, I want to be able to locally synch my email, contacts and calendar to the iPhone using the Bluetooth connection DIRECT TO THE LAPTOP – ie NOT WiFi via the Phone service provider. I use Outlook 2003 and not exactly sure which version of Exchange Server exists but at least a starting question. I am interested to know if anyone has actually done it this way – as opposed to someone saying “well it should be ok” – as that doesn’t prove anything for me.

Let me know if you know what I mean and if you’re able to flick it out to the Mac community that would be great to see any responses of affirmative proof.

                  Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
      15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                   Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           email  mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au