Hi all

Has anyone out there replace the logic board on a g5 iMac 17 inch i think it's the Hero model M9248LL/A 1.6 or 1.8 Ghz.

The reason why i'm asking is friends of mine are giving it to me , they are purchasing a new model,the price of a new logic board would of cost more than new mac,there must be cheaper way to get a new logic board than pay $2000 for it. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated .

ps. i was typing this e-mail in apple's Mail went to make a coffee and it sent it while i haven't finish typing ,I hate when MAIL does that. I've checked the settings but couldn't find anything there.

regards

Bart.