On 03/02/2009, at 6:11 PM, Norman Leslie wrote:

Hi Folks,

I haven't used FileMaker in a couple of years, so I am a little rusty.

I have checked FileMaker Support and Knowledge Base pages, as well as a general Google inquiry but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I would like to create a "Report Layout" with the records in columns and fields in rows - this is not an option in any of the Layout Templates, where the fields are in columns and the records in rows.

Can someone put me out of my misery?

This is for a project I'm doing for the Bunbury Entertainment Centre on a volunteer basis.

Thanks in advance

Norm Leslie
Bunbury

Filemaker's Layout Mode does not support this in any way. In fact I'm struggling to think of any database tool that does. By their very nature, you are always going to have many more records than fields, so a vertical arrangement of records displaying a set number of fields (allowing "endless" scrolling) is the natural and obvious approach. It's also much easier to make sense of.

Do you have any examples of the model you are trying to reproduce?

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913