Greetings All

The wireless network is now working and both laptops are backing up to the Time Capsule, at last. I have to give thanks to Ronni who was checking the archives and wrote to me with a few suggestions, one of which worked. It was simply that I was not pressing the reset button on the Time Capsule for at least five seconds, that was the only problem.

I also took Daniel Kerr's advice and went back after everything was working and set the Time Capsule to Bridge Mode so as not to have the Netgear & Time Capsule both giving out IP Addresses. You do this in Airport Utility (when it can see your Network). Double Click your Base Station (which shows in the left column), then click "Internet" - at the bottom of the window "Connection Sharing" set it to "Off (Bridge Mode).

Many thanks everyone for all your help, it is much appreciated.

Oh how we have come to take wireless for granted ....

Wendy