Great advice. I've got an iPod and now that I have more ammo I'll take it up with Apple.

Stuart Breden
PO Box 132
Kalamunda WA 6926
Hm Ph: (08) 9257 1577
Wk Ph: (08) 9291 4599
Mbl: 0417 053 266

On 17/02/2009, at 12:54 AM, Steven Knowles wrote:

David, I had an issue involving similar principles with a Toyota Landcruiser - outside warranty but with their admission that it was a known faulty part. Dealerships refused to anything about it, so I took it up with Toyota's Customer Relations department and told them that I'd be taking them to task under the Trade Practices Act via the courts (which I would have done).

I'd refer them to Section 53 in particular ...

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/tpa1974149/s53.html

Cheers, Steven