I have Mac OS X 10.5.5 with 2Ghz Intel Core Duo

Since I upgraded to 3.06 I have an annoying problem. I have the same problem with Safari, which I identified when Firefox failed. I had been using Firefox exclusively for this process until then, so I don't know when Safari started to play up, or if it ever worked.

I am active in Toastmasters and frequently go onto club sites which handle the registration of new members. The process is that I enter the new member details onto a form and then click a link to confirm the details. This used to work perfectly well, but now it hangs for 2+ mins and then I get various messages which come to the same thing

Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Etc

I have asked for help from Toastmasters, but don't have any response. That's bad news.

I've been on the Firefox user pages etc and can't identify anything that looks like my problem.

Two associates who use Explorer don't have the problem. I definitely don't want to reactivate Explorer if I can avoid it. I've cobbled together a workaround solution in which I scan Membership Application Forms and email them, but since Toastmasters put all these processes online, it has become increasingly slower and more cumbersome to use this alternative process.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem, and what I do to fix it?

David Nicholas
9457 6468