Hello WAMUGers,

I was 'fiddling' around with Numbers '09 today, and I got thinking perhaps I could do a Spreadsheet of my iTunes Library.
(Ok Daniel, I couldn't find anything more constructive to do) ;-)

This is what I did:

1. In iTunes click Music Library

2. Edit > Select All

3. Edit > Copy

4. Open Numbers (or another Spreadsheet Application you use)

5. Choose a Blank Template

6. Click on Second Row (I left Row One for Headers, as you need to type them in when tidying up the Spreadsheet)

7. Edit > Paste & Match Style

It takes awhile to do the paste (spinning Beach Ball- depends on amount of songs in your library). I thought "This is not going to work" But eventually you end up with your Library Listing pasted in neatly with columns as in iTunes.

Change column widths if required, and type in headers (column Names)
I have 10 columns - Name / Time / Artist / Album / Genre / Size / Kind / Composer / Year / Release Date

This would also work if you Select All & Copy from a specific playlist, so you could create a track listing of a playlist you burned to a CD.

Someone on List might find this useful ....