On 12/03/2009, at 12:58 PM, rb...@iinet.net.au wrote:

Hi
Halfway through a Firefox session a strange dialogue box came up. Unfortunately I don't remember what it was.
I tried to cancel it, But Firefox seemed to freeze.
After a Force Quit, now I can't get Firefox to launch.
It seems to launch but there is no Firefox Window.
I have deleted the mozilla prefs or plist.
I have also downloaded a new copy, but still it won't launch.
I have Repaired Disk Permissions and run MacJanitor.
The following message was in Console

12/03/09 8:32:53 AM com.apple.launchd[141] ([0x0-0x1d01d].org.mozilla.firefox[258]) Exited with exit code: 143

Please - any suggestions would be appreciated.
Ta
Rod Blitvich

Start up as an alternative User  ... create a new user if you have to

and try firefox from there

Bob