Hi Walter,

Technically, you should be able to install Leopard on the late model 1.25GHz
G4 iMac.

License-wise, unless you got the family pack, you are only licensed to
install it on one machine (either the G4 or the intel but not both).

As far as I know, Apple doesn't have any active software measures to stop
you installing it on two machines - it's an honour system.

If you actually want to run Classic apps, you should stick to Tiger.

Regarding the Tiger upgrade DVD - I think that it will probably check for an
appropriate existing system before installing - if it can actually "see" the
existing Tiger system on your hard drive (even though it's not booting) you
MAY be able to run an erase & install directly over the old system.

I would think the easiest way would be just to try - the installer should
tell you if it needs a prior system present that it can't find.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton