On 14/04/2009, at 2:26 PM, Steven Knowles wrote:

Whilst an Apple Mail message is housed within Apple Mail, the Message > Remove Attachments function works fine.

However, if I drag an Apple Mail message from, say, an inbox to a folder outside of Apple Mail, and then try to Remove Attachments, it doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me how to remove an attachment from an email once that email has been dragged out of Apple Mail?

Cheers, Steven

An interesting request  ...

don't know an answer
and cannot guess what you are trying to achieve ,
or under what circumstances you would have the mail out of the Apple Mail !

It's easy to save the mail without the attachment as a PDF file ,
my favourite way of keeping a message  !

Bob