On 16/04/2009, at 8:35 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

Does anyone out there in WAMUGLand still have a copy of the last (most recent) update file for M$ Office X? It is no longer available on the Microsoft site (M$ having dropped support for it some years ago).

The issue is the Entourage database on a client's machine. She has just bought a nice shiny new 20" iMac, but the Entourage database on her old iMac is corrupt. The issue seems to be that the original version of Office X could only handle a maximum database size of 2Gb (at which point the database ceased to function), but that this limit was fixed with an update. The problem is not so much with the old email messages, but with the addresses in the Address Book. I have tried several measures: importing into Entourage 2004, running a little shareware app called Entouraid, rebuilding the database under Entourage 2004, all to no avail. My feeling is that if I can update the Office X on her original iMac and THEN rebuild, the problem may go away.

I would be very grateful t hear from anyone who might have a copy of the original updated file hanging around. I'm hunting around through some of my old MacFixit CDs and various other ancient resources, but I'm keen to deal with this more quickly than that process is going to take!

I think I've found it myself! I have a copy of the Office 10.1.4 Update on my old G4. Can anyone confirm if this was final release? (I knew that keeping all these old updates might pay off someday :-) )

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913