Seems like WAMUGgers weren't the only ones to get hit:

<http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1165790>

(Its on the second page about the spam)

I'd say the emails weren't scraped from WAMUG, but from somewhere else.

And I see Macresolve have already endeared themselves to the Whirlpool
community......

And if it did come from Digilife's customer databases, I'm sure the receivers
would be very interested to know who scraped it.  Scraping company data then
using it for your own personal gain is a big no no!

Seeya

Rod!