On 15/05/2009, at 1:07 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

I am running OSX 10.4.11 on an iBook.
Connected to the iBook is an OKIPAGE 8 printer which is functioning.
In System Profiler it says the printer driver is 1.1.0

Which model  of   OKIPAGE 8  ?

Presumably it is connected by USB ! ?

Why are you looking for a new driver ? ( You said it is functioning ! ? )

Last night I downloaded version 8.4 for OSX 10.2 and above.

Do you know from what ISP site ?

I ran the installer then went to System Preferences - Print & Fax - Selected the OKIPAGE from the list - clicked on + but could not find a way of getting to the new driver.
Another path was not to click on + but Printer Setup.

I am not running tiger at the moment but i seem to remember that under some circumstances you need to hold down the option key to get to the Advanced part of the drop down menu
 to get at some drivers under some circumstances  .

I can check that out later tonight if you still need to know .. I am off to see wife in hospital now. She has had a new hip joint to fix up that problem from a fall last january

Bob

The pull down menu was only active for Name and Location but nothing in the window could be changed.
Am I on the wrong track?
Help please.
Merv

--
"Science teaches that we must see in order to believe, but we must also believe in order to see."