I do not know if this is a coincidence or not, but since installing the
10.5.7 combo update my MacBook Pro will not wake from sleep and I have to
press the power button to shut down the computer and, after waiting for a
bit out of caution, power up again. Fortunately Word has retrieved documents
that I had been working on but had not saved afresh before the computer went
to sleep.

The computer was running on mains power in Perth CBD.

Steps I took before installing the combo update including repairing
permissions before downloading, backing up using Super-Duper and using Time
Machine, running repair permissions again before installing, quitting all
applications before installing, restarting after installing and repairing
permissions after restarting.

I have now set Energy Saver preferences to put display to sleep but never to
put the computer to sleep

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM running OS
10.5.6 before installed combo update to 10.5.7.

Regards,

Michael Hawkins.