> Hi again folks,
>
> About 10 days ago we lost our landline.
> I reported it to Westnet (my all in one provider).
> It was restored about 2 days later.
>
> Ever since then I lose internet connection every couple of days.
> I do all the usual ... power off modem . . restart Mac ....etc !!!
> A few minutes later I am back on.
>
> Very frustrating coz I have changed nothing in my connection setup.
> I use a D-Link ADSL2+ Router.
>
> This never happened prior to the landline problem.
> Any ideas ?
>

> Regards,
> Stephen Chape

If the landline loss was associated with a power surge on your telephone
line, you may need to replace your ADSL filter/s.  Although ADSL is
unfiltered, a damaged filter could mean that your phone service is now
interfering with your ADSL connection.
You may also need to contact your ISP:
1. to get your "profile" refreshed (e.g. since the outage you may now be
connecting/authenticating to a different server at the ISP)
2.  get the telephone line checked in case the failure & restoration of your
service is associated with a poorer quality line than you had before.

Richard