Hi John, Susan

I think John's problem is that the message is already downloaded from the
mail server to his computer, but crashing entourage before he can delete it
(in entourage).

John, do you have the preview of the messages on in the main window - if so,
I suspect that it is the attempt to view the message (when you select it and
the preview pane tries to display it) that is causing the problem.

Try turning preview off (menu: view/preview pane/none) then see if you can
select and delete the message - then you can turn preview back on.

HTH

Cheers

Neil
--