Hi Adam,

Yes Gmail does indeed work with iPhone and this is how I utilise Mail when not able to connect via WiFi.

Provider should also have a server able to achieve said results, but I prefer gmail added security with SSL servers.

Actually I did not setup Gmail, it was done whilst syncing Mail accounts with MacPro using iTunes sync and ticking relevant box.

So acquire Gmail account or setup previous one on computer, then sync iPhone. Your Gmail account is accessible through mail app on phone and computer, remember to utilise IMAP as server type making mail available on both.

Also would advise in setting up mailboxes to store mail wanting to be kept / shared re-used. Mailing Lists etc, just set up filters at Gmail side and it will filter before delivery.

Then clearing inboxes etc. regularly as they do collect quite a lot of mail quickly, and Gmail does have a lot of Spam coming your way, but does have very good filtering.

Gmail likes to archive instead of deleting. Yes it does have huge storage on servers but your phone has limited space that fills rather quickly if not careful.

Cheers!
`RobD,,,