Kerr
Sent: Sunday, 31 May 2009 12:04 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: MacUpdate Bundle - TechTool Pro 5 and Parallels 4 plus more,..

H Susan

Yes, the TTP5 version is what everyone's been waiting for with Leopard. It
works with 10.5.5 and above.
<http://www.micromat.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=168>
The only machines it doesn't work on are the 2009 versions of MacPro and
MacMini. Oh, and 2TB drives or larger.
So yes, should work fine with your machine.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Daniel

On 31/5/09 11:16 AM, "Susan Hastings" <susanhasti...@me.com> wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know if the latest version of TechTool Pro is compatible
> with 10.5.7? I just had the bad experience of my HD becoming unstable
after
> installing TTP. I was unable to repair permissions or verify the disk.
Then
> it refused to mount.
>
> Fortunately I had a bootable backup, only a couple of weeks old, plus and
> able to access the drive to backup anything recently added.
>
> Having booted up from the external drive, I tried repairing the disk, but
it
> couldn't, so now doing a total restore from my trusty USB bootable backup
> (no Firewire on the Macbook - Rats!). It looks like it will take many
hours,
> with the time indicator changed each time I look - five hours, four hours,
> six hours...
>
> Of course, I don't actually know what caused the problems with the
Macintosh
> HD, but at least I will still have a usable backup if things to wrong
again.

> Cheers, Susan.

---