On Monday, June 15, 2009, at 12:53PM, "Philip Trouchet" <war...@bordernet.com.au
> > wrote:
>>>
>>> Two points of interest !
>>>
>>>  1. Note new Snow Leopard only for Intel Macs leaving most of us as
>>> usual behind on Apple upgrades &

Get used to it Philip. The last PPC-based Mac rolled off the production line years ago now, and I don't think Apple have any inclination of returning to PPC. The sooner they can force people to go Intel, the more likely we are going to see a much slimmer OS X without all the PPC baggage.

Not only that, but some SL features will only be available if you have the very latest graphics processors <http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20090612121357227 >.
Thanks Rod , I know but don't sound so happy about it although I guess you now
have a whole new generation having to upgrade !
Cie la Vie. I'll just wait a while before deciding.As an "ageing oldie" guess I'm running out of time . Cheers P.