Are we getting push notifacation with this update?

Pedro

Another iPhone production.

On 18/06/2009, at 10:54 AM, Peter Hinchliffe <hinch...@multiline.com.au> wrote:

On 18/06/2009, at 10:41 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

On 18/06/2009, at 9:48 AM, Daniel Forsdyke wrote:

I believe Optus are the only Australian network offering it at present.

MMS seems to be available across the 3 major networks though.

Regards
Daniel Forsdyke

I'm with Optus. The Tethering Setting is in the Network section of Settings under General. There is a button 2/3 the way down the screen labelled "Set Up Internet Tethering". When you choose it, a message appears: "To enable tethering on this account, contact OPTUS". I read somewhere last night that this is going to cost $15 per 500 Meg. Compared with the cost of a USB Dongle this might not be too bad, especially since the only place I'm really likely to use it will probably be at WAMUG Meetings...

It will be worth the first $15 to see how it works.

As a follow up, I have just read in an email from Optus that official pricing and terms will be available from 22 June. Account holders will be able to turn on tethering from within their account settings, as long as they have iPhone 3.0 installed. Again, available from 22 June.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913