2009/8/1 Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au>:
> I just got a message from Amazon offering a pre-order on Snow Leopard for
> $29!   I am sure someone is still making something, even at that price!

Well that's pleasant. Microsoft's price to upgrade from Windows Vista
Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium (due in October) costs only
slightly less than an outright copy of Leopard (e.g. $130 versus
$160). Apple's upgrade from Mac OS X Leopard to Mac OS X Snow Leopard
is a mere $29 (due in September). I guess this reflects the
incremental nature of Snow Leopard (whereas perhaps Windows 7 is what
Vista should have been).

James