Hi Ronni and all on WAMUG

As an aside to this discussion, when we set up GMUG mailing list we included "GMUG" as a default subject intro. When rules are set for GMUG mail filtering, we can simply set it to "subject contains: GMUG" as the mail system automatically adds "GMUG" to the subject. Perhaps worth considering?

Regards

Reg

On 03/08/2009, at 5:44 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

To Setup your Rule:
2. To: Contains: wamug@wamug.org.au
3. then click +
4. From: Contains: wamug@wamug.org.au
5. Move Message: To Mailbox:  WAMUG
6. Set Colour: of background: to what colour you want.
7. Click OK
An alert appears, asking if you want to apply your rules (including
the one you just created) to messages in open mailboxes.
8. Click Apply or Don’t Apply, as you prefer.

If you’re finished creating rules, close the Preferences window.

Your new rule now checks all incoming messages for matches and
performs the actions on them that you set.